When we talk about the internet, we think of Google, and whatever search on google will be available instantly. But, did you ever think of full form of google despite the facilities given by Google. No one believes that there is a full form of Google. In this article, we’re reminding you of the full form of google so that you can tell anybody that google has a full form.
What is the Full Form of Google?
Google stands for Global Organization of Oriented Group Language of Earth. Officially Google has no full form, and it is derived from the word “googol,” which means a vast number. Officially Google has no full form, and it is derived from the word “googol,” which means a vast number. The term “googol” represents a number that is 1 followed by 100 zeros.
Google Inc is a US-based multinational corporation. At present, it is the most popular and most used search engine on the earth. Google has many applications like Google Docs, Adwords, Adsense, Youtube, Gmail, etc.
Brief History of Google
- Google started in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. They were Ph.D. students at Stanford University at that time.
- Google was derived from the term googol.
- The Domain Name Google.com was registered on September 14, 1997. After a year, Google Corporation was established.
- The first office of Google was in a Garage.
- On August 19, 2004, Google became a public company via an initial public offering.
- Back in 1998, Google offered to sell their little startup to Yahoo for $1 million. However, the deal was canceled by Yahoo. Now, Google is worth more than $500 Billion. Later Yahoo was sold to Verizon Communications Inc for $ 4.83 Billion.
- In the year 2000, Google started their advertisements service Google Adwords or Adsense. It is based on the pay-per-click system, which means you’ll be paid for advertising on your blog or website if someone clicks on the ad link. It has led to the booming of the blogging industry throughout the world.
- The term PageRank was patented in September 2001.
- In the year 2004, Google introduced its free e-mail service, Gmail.
- In the year 2005, Google introduced its Google Earth and Google Maps.
- On November 13, 2006, Google acquired YouTube for $1.65 billion in Google stock.
- Google introduced the famous mobile operating system “Android” in the year 2006. It has entirely changed the eco system of the mobile world.