This article gives you the necessary information on “how to get a birth certificate online in India” for your little one. It is essential to know how to apply for the birth certificate within the timeframe if you’re living in India. Anyone can easily get a birth certificate very quickly if you apply in time.
You can get it at Municipal Corporations or Councils for people living in urban areas. Whereas the authority to give a birth certificate at the village level is with the Gram Panchayat office.
Why Apply for the birth certificate when a baby is born?
As per The Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969, it is mandatory to register for India’s birth and death. The birth certificate is the only legal and official document to prove a child’s existence. Non-registration after birth might result in denial of the child’s identity, a recognized name, and nationality. Timely registration of birth and death also helps develop the nations as it gives the essential data to the national planning for children.
Some of the benefits of birth registration are as follows.
- A birth certificate is required to obtain Aadhaar Card.
- It is a must document needed for admission to schools.
- For establishing legal proof of identity.
- To register in National Population Register.
- To enroll in the electoral roll.
- It can also help guard migrant and refugee children against family separation, trafficking, and illegal adoption.
- For obtaining a marriage certificate.
- For getting essential documents like Passport, Driving license, etc.
- For insurance purposes.
People Responsible to Register Birth as per The Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969
- When birth occurs in the house, the head of the family or the eldest adult next to him/her is responsible for birth registration.
- Suppose a child is born in a hospital; in that case, health center, maternity, or nursing home, the medical officer in charge or any person authorized by him is responsible for registering for birth.
- The jailor in-charge is responsible for registration if the delivery occurs in jail.
How to get Birth Certificate online?
India is stepping towards the digitalization of every record of its countrymen, starting from the birth to death registration. So, you might feel a little slow if you’re about to apply certificate for a delivery or death. With the advance of the internet or online services, India’s government has made it compulsory for a few urban cities to complete online registration for any birth or death. You’re lucky if your area or city falls into the category.
Let’s check out the simple steps on how to get a birth certificate online.
- The very first step for applying birth certificate online is to visit the website crsorgi.gov.in.
- You will find a Signup button on the right side just under the login button.
- Just click on the sign up for ‘General Public’ to start the registration process.
- A simple dialog box for the signup will appear as a pop-up. Fill up all required details in this box-like username, user ID, district or town/village, your mobile number, place of birth, and so on.
- Check the availability of your state/area in the State/UT field. Only the states/UT available on the drop-down menu can apply for the online birth certificate or follow the offline process.
- After you’ve entered all the required fields, you’ll be required to enter the captcha code and click on the Register tab.
- After the registration process is over, you will be prompt to check your email ID to confirm the registration.
- Go to the inbox and check to complete the verification process. Set up a new password for login as instructed in the mail.
- Set up a new password and login again using your username and new password.
- You’ll see a pop-up menu to fill up details like your child’s name, parent’s name, and location.
- Complete the fill-up process and submit the same after 24 hours.
- Download the completed form and submit to the Registrar of your area to get it attested either by him or the Sub-Registrar.
How to get BIRTH certificate offline in India?
If your area doesn’t fall under the online category, you can still apply for a birth certificate offline. Follow these simple steps to get a birth certificate of your body from the municipal corporation or Gram Panchayat office.
- You can get a birth certificate registration form by visiting your municipal corporation office.
- Submit the letter or discharge paper that the hospital gave at the time of your baby’s birth by the medical in-charge to the municipal corporation or the Panchayat.
- You’ve to complete and submit the form within 21 days of your baby’s delivery.
- The municipal authority or the Panchayat members will verify the child’s birth document. If the verification is in place, you will get the birth certificate sent to your address after 7-15 days. To make sure, you can start the following process after seven days of submission of the form.
To free yourself from any unwanted complexities of police verification or late fine, you’ll need to registered your baby’s birth within 21 days. It will waste money and your valuable time that you could spend with your little ones.
Documents required for certificate
- Birth certificates of the parents.
- Marriage certificate of the parents
- Discharge paper issued by the hospital at the time of delivery of your baby.
- Identity proof of parents (Aadhaar card, Voter Id, Passport, Ration card, Front page of bank’s passbook, etc.)
3Movierulz bala devi chai naba cloud kitchen cyberbullying downloading site fitness maxima watch football factory free watch full form of CNG ghost kitchen impact of social media Indian Football Indian football news jojo jojo rajkumari kangla manipur football manipuri song lyrics Manipur Mixed martial arts maxima fitness smartwatch Maxima fitness watch Maxima unisex watch maxima watch for men mma manipur movie rulz Movierulz in kannada Movierulz kannada movie download Movierulz ms Movierulz proxy Movierulz tv Movierulz tv telegu MSPDCL Manipur mspdcl online recharge negative impact of social media positive impact of social media sites like movieflix social bullying top manipuri songs virtual kitchen WOmen Football Yomivies Yo movie Yomovie Yomovies youmovies