If you’re planning to port your BSNL number to Airtel, then you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll teach you “How to port from BSNL to Airtel Network” without any difficulty. We’ll also let you know the documents required to port from BSNL to Airtel and how many days it will take to activate after porting to Airtel.
Steps to know How to port from BSNL to Airtel number
You need to follow these simple steps to complete the port process from BSNL to Airtel number.
- The first step to port from BSNL to Airtel is to send an SMS by typing your ten digits mobile number to 1900.
- After this step, you will receive an SMS containing your Unique porting code. This SMS will give the details of the validity of the Unique porting code. What you’ve to do is to complete the porting process within the validity period.
- The next step is visiting a nearby Airtel store or any Airtel retailer to complete the process. You’ll be required to carry documents like an Aadhaar card copy, Identity proof, and address proof to complete the KYC process.
- Complete the MNP (Mobile Number Portability) application by providing the unique porting code and submit it to the Airtel store or any Airtel retailer.
- The average time taken to complete the porting request is approximately 48 hours if the Porting request is within the same telecom circle of Aitel. However, it will take around five days to complete if the telecom circle is different. Remember, you have to provide any alternate Airtel number for future use.
Is it possible to port a postpaid BSNL number to Airtel Network?
Yes, it is quite possible to port a postpaid BSNL number to the Airtel network. Before you start to pot BSNL postpaid to Airtel, you’ve to clear all are pending dues. Your request to port from BSNL to Airtel will be declined if there is any due pending against you. Your BSNL SIM will usually work till the time it is completely ported to the Airtel network.
Related Topics you may need to know
Process for activating your new Airtel SIM after porting
To activate your newly ported Airtel SIM, you have to follow the following steps.
- Insert the new Airtel SIM in the SIM card slot and wait for the network to show on your smartphone.
- Dial 59059 from your new Airtel SIM to complete the telephonic verification process.
- Use the OTP you received on the alternate number you had provided during the initial porting process and complete the verification process.
- Within two hours of completion of the verification, your Airtel SIM must ready to use.
We hope the information provided in this article will surely help you port your BSNL number to the Airtel network without any issues. The information provided here may change from time to time, and we will update the same if there is any change. You can also drop in the comment box if you face any difficulties by filling in the simple forms.