Introduction to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi is a central sector scheme with 100% funding from the government of India. PM Kisan was launched or become operational on 01 Dec 2018. Now, this scheme has more than 11.47 Crore Beneficiaries as per the data available on the official website PMkisan.gov.in since its inception. Income support of ₹ 6,000/- per year in three equal installments of ₹ 2000 each for every four months will be provided to small and marginal farmer families having combined land-holding or ownership of up to 2 hectares.
Who is eligible to avail PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
In order to get eligible for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, the individual farmers should fulfill the following points.
- Should be a landholding farmers’ family with cultivable land or ownership of up to 2 hectares.
- Should belong to small and marginal farmer families.
- Can be a farmer from both the rural or urban areas.
- A farmer family includes a husband, wife, and minor children.
Who is not eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
Any individual who falls under the following category isn’t eligible for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Those Institutional Landholders
- Any individual who hold constitutional posts at present or in the past.
- Any former or present ministers/state minister, members of Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha/State Legislative Assemblies/State Legislative Councils, Mayors of Municipal Corporations, and Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All retired and serving officers and employees of central or state government.
- All pensioners whose monthly pension is ₹ 10,000/- or more. This excludes Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV / Group D employees.
- Professionals like lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc.
- Any individual who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year.
How to register for PM Kishan or Kisan Scheme?
Any individual who fulfills the criteria mentioned in the eligibility points can apply for PM Kisan Yojna. The responsibilities for the selection of farmers for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi entirely rest with the state or UT government. In order to get enrolled for the PM Kisan scheme, a farmer has to approach the local patwari/revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
The Common Service Centers which is commonly known as CSC have also been given the power to register farmers for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme upon payment of nominal fees. A dedicated link is also available for farmers for self-registration through the Farmers Corner available in the portal. They can also easily amend their details in the PM Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database/card through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
How to Know the Payment Status?
The government of India launched PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme in the year 2018 with the aim of supporting our hardworking farmers by providing a sum of ₹ 6,000/- every year. In order to reduce the painstaking traditional process of paper works, the GoI through its digital Seva, a dedicated link named Farmer’s corner is provided on its official web portal. Through this corner, farmers can easily check their status of the payment.
Documents Required for registration to Prime Minister Kisan Yojna
The following documents must be possessed by the farmers to register their names for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna.
- Aadhaar Card is the most important document required in registration for this scheme.
- Requisite original papers for ownership or landholding.
- The applicant must possess a Citizenship Certificate.
- Details of Bank account and
- A valid mobile number
On 25th December 2020, our Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had interacted with our farmers and transferred a considerable amount of ₹ 18,000 crores to the bank account of 9 crores farmers. Under this scheme, the fund in respect of all the beneficiaries is directly transferred to their bank accounts, which is a good example of successful e-governance of the government of India.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article are extracted from the official site Pmkishan. This article is meant for information purposes only and the owner of this website doesn’t hold any responsibility for any damage caused. Please refer to the original website for more information.