What is the full form of India? Did you even ask yourself for once. If there is any full form of India, did you know. To answer your question, we bring you this short article to clear your doubt.
As we know, India is the second-largest populous country in the world, next to China. India’s Democracy is considered the largest Democracy in the world. Democracy means the government of the people, by the people and for the people. Hindu religion forms the major religion of India. However, all the people living in India can follow any religion without any restriction.
Did you know India has no national game?
For many centuries India was under the rule of the British. The Britishers called India the Jewel in the Crown. Hindi is the vernacular language. However, you’ll find hundreds of languages in India because India is based on unity in diversity.
What is the full form of India?
India is not an acronym and, so it doesn’t have any full form. India (in Hindi: Bharat), officially the Republic of India, is a South Asian Country. India is the seventh-largest country by area and the second-largest country by population in the world. The mighty Indian ocean surrounds India in the south, the Arabian Sea in the southwest, and the Bay of Bengal in the southeast.
Our Readers Also Read ||
India’s name is derived from the word Indus which itself derived from the old Persian word Hindu, from Sanskrit Sindhu. Indus is also the name of a river that ran around the Indus valley.
There is no full form of India and, India itself is the complete name of a country. However, you’ll find exciting name made by people for fun and, for educational purpose.
I – Independent
N – National
D – Democracy
I – Intelligent
A – Assertive
Some Interesting Facts about India that will make you goosebumps
Here is a list of some of the essential facts about India that will make you forget what is the full form of India.
- In the history know by humanity, India never invade any country. Instead, India plays a significant peace-keeping role at all times.
- The Famous mind game “Chess” was invented in India.
- Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus are studied and originated in India.
- The ‘Place Value System’ and the ‘Decimal System’ were developed in India at around 100 B.C.
- The poet-saint Gyandev created the game of Snakes & Ladders during the 13th Century. It was initially called ‘Mokshapat.’
- India has the most significant number of post offices in the world.
- The largest employer in India is the Indian Railways. It employs over a million people.
- The first university in the world was established in Takshila at around 700 B.C. More than 10,000 students all over the world studied at this university for more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda, built in the 4th Century, was one of the most outstanding achievements of ancient India in education.
- The earlist known school of medicine, Ayurveda was incorporated by the fater of Medicine, Charaka some 2500 years ago.
- The first India’s satellite was the Aryabhata. It was named after the famous Indian astronomer Aryabhatta. It was completely designed and made in India. However, the Aryabhata spacecraft was launched by a Soviet Kosmos-3M rocket from Kapustin Yar on April 19, 1975.
- The game polo was originated in India (Manipur) and later borrowed by foreigners.
- Yoga has its origins in India and has has been practiced for over 5,000 years.
- Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism which are followed by 25% of the world’s population were originated in India.
- Jainism and Buddhism were founded in India in 600 B.C. and 500 B.C. respectively.
- Rakesh Sharma, (born Jan. 13, 1949, Patiala, Punjab state, India) was the first astronaut of India.
- India is the largest producer of cotton in the world.
- Indian Railways is constructing the world’s tallest pier bridge in Manipur, across the river Ijai. It has a height of 141 metres surpassing the existing record of 139 metres of the Mala-Rijeka Viaduct in Europe.
- India the first Asian nation to reach Martian orbit and the first nation in the world to do so on its maiden attempt.
Do you Still need to know what is the full form of India?
After knowing all these important facts about India, it is evident that India is a great Nation and developing at a swift pace. The contribution of India to the world is limitless. Right from the food production, young workforce, technology, military, etc. India is no way behind any developed country.